Saturday, September 09, 2006

Purchasing power

Okay, so I'm giving up on 52. I guess I'm just not interested enough in the latest reboot of the DCU to continue slogging through this uneven production. I'm sure there will be a few bits that I would have liked to have seen, but overall it's not really worth it to me. (There was a time when my completist tendencies would have overridden by boredom, but no more.)

So, what am I buying? Agents of Atlas, for the nostalgia factor. Wonder Woman, because I am resonating so much with it, because I think it is well-written in any case, and because it's absolutely gorgeous. The Escapists, for at least one more issue. That's about it.

Of course, I have a little notebook with TPBs and collections and new hardcovers that I want to pick up, and I think that's where I will be focusing my attention and resources more and more.

Which brings me to a question: Absolute New Frontier is coming out soon, and I am seriously debating with myself about buying it from Amazon at a good discount, or buying it from my local shop because they are so supportive and service-oriented, even if it costs more. Does anyone else find this a quandary, or is it just me?

No comments: