Saturday, January 27, 2007

Just following the pack



Okay, so I'm probably the last person to comment on this "teaser" image that came out, apparently from the DC publicity people. The Fortress of Fortitude and The Comics Reporter have had great posts about it, so I'll just add my $.02 or so:

1. Am I the only one who wants to cry out in my most-anguished Charlton Heston voice, "You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"
2. The Sopranos photo was the next thing I thought of, after that, and I have never even seen that show.
3. I might believe that Ion and Wonder Chick Donna Troy are floating, but the overall effect of the character placement is really amateurish and reminiscent of Colorforms.
4. Pirate-Batman is just goofy, but I like the look of Red Robin (reminds me of the old redesign of the Earth-2 Robin's costume.
5. Yeah, the weepy Superman is officially overdone now.

Oh yeah - in re the Keeper's concern about Black Canary's, um, package: I dunno, maybe this is a transvestite BC from a different Earth; it's about time, innit? I think so, anyway.

1 comment:

Marc Burkhardt said...

Transvestite and cross-dressing super-heroes?

That would justify the return of the multiverse in and of itself.